<VV> Re: was: testing Tom's cooling system, now: fuel economy

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Aug 11 07:52:50 EDT 2005

BTW, I have a carbureted version (140 with retarded 95 cam ala PG140) driving a wide-ratio trans (keeps a normal 11.2 first-
gear ratio).  This combo is more responsive than a "normal" 140 in all regular driving and displays unusual "impact" when the
secondaries kick-in.  I think that if I added EFI, the raising of the low end torque that is a byproduct of EFI would make the
combo even more FTD.  That part is speculative though.

*****

I agree with your speculation. I, too, use a 140PG hooked to a 4sp. I just wanted to mention that I think you're going to see a
20% reduction in peak hp, an issue that I don't think EFI would help. I agree that the low end torque characteristics should be
enhanced.

Bill