<VV> Update on OILS... something AUTOMOTIVE related!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 12:19:21 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/11/2005 12:08:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:
It would not worry me to mix a quart of "old" oil into the crankcase at each
change if I were looking to use up or get rid of old stock and avoid
throwing it into the trash.

JR,
I'd never just toss it in the trash... I have LOTS of old oilers (oil squirt
cans) that I use around the house and on the car... works great on hinges, on
generators and distributors with the old oil caps, on the wick of the
distributor points if you have the old Standard "blue streak" type... cables, pulleys,
and anything else that will squeek or rust.... and lots of my old window fans
(no a/c here at the log cabin, and we've had temps as high as 101 outside
here this summer!
Throw it away? NEVER... Use it? Sure, just not in my Corvair's engine... not
when there's better stuff out there.... now maybe in the lawn mower...
Be good!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)