<VV> Corvair vs. Fiero

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 11:38:38 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/12/05 10:57:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
minoxphotographer at yahoo.com writes:

<< Ok gang, my boss is a Fiero nut. He has a 1988 Fiero.  I need a
 Corvair that I know can kick his butt.  >>

Remember that the 135 HP of the fiero is net hp vs the 112 net hp of a 140
Corvair.
The 88 Fiero GT does weigh almost 2800 lbs. So a 500 coupe late model with a
warmed up 140 (headers, ,turn fixed, 1 1/8" carbs.)weighing about 2500 or less
could do it.
   The same car with a turbo and a crown exhaust section should also do it.
  This is assuming equivalent tires on both cars.

   PS. my lazy , non-towing, autocross car is a 1988 Fiero GT 5 sp. It is
quite a bit faster than a stock Vair.
Warren