<VV> Re: FieroVs Vair

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 11:44:07 EDT 2005

A big thing to his credit is the 2 seat Fiero (2592lbs curb) with probably
TPI and electronic igntion with CPU control over proper fuel/air mixture.
   The Vair you will have will be 20 yrs older than the Pontiac, somewhat
heavier (2675lbs), and much more rearend heavy....
   I would suggest a 65-66 Corsa with the 140 equipped with carbs that won't
starve in turns (see Wolf Carbs)...I would then tune the suspension with
auto-X toe-in/out recommendations (see Leveque-Emerson)
   I expected the weight difference to be MUCH more in the favor of the
Fiero, so good driver techniques will probably save the day.

In a message dated 8/12/2005 11:23:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Do I have to have a turbo to get the job done?  I see
autocross grudgematches on the horizon.  My one advantage is he's kind
of a weenie driver...he can't tell if he missed a shift, or ran out of
gas (he ran out of gas, actually).  Also, he dosen't work on his cars
at all, dosen't know a voltage regulator from a carburetor, so he's
stuck with a completely stock '88 Fiero.

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert
TnT's Corvair Parts <----webpage for NOS parts