<VV> Adding a backup electrical system

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Fri Aug 12 12:10:33 EDT 2005

Go talk to an RV parts dealer, I think what you want is called a battery isolator.

Les
---------------
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:13:21 -0400
From: "Chris C, Warwick RI" <ricorvair at cox.net>
Subject: <VV> Adding a backup electrical system
To: virtualVairs at corvair.org

Tinkering with purchasing a Greenbrier.

When I deck it out with modern electronics.

Radio/portable DVD PLAYER, maybe a small plug in beverage cooler.  I want
that system isolated from the battery for starting the van.  This way if we
are at a cruise and the chillies want to have friends in to watch a movie
or listen to the radio, I won't run the battery dead.

Was thinking of wiring this connection into the charging circuit, so it
will charge when the van is running, but won't drain the battery during
normal use.  Is this feasible, has anybody done it.

Thanks to all.

No I have not got the van...yet.  Still trying to sell the 65 pg sedan.