<VV> Re: boss beater

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 12:58:50 EDT 2005

>>Message: 5
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tim Verthein <minoxphotographer at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Corvair vs. Fiero
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org

Ok gang, my boss is a Fiero nut. He has a 1988 Fiero.  I need a
Corvair that I know can kick his butt. My trusty '64 110 4 speed ain't
bad...but as long as Ryan and I seem to be aquiring more
Corvairs....what would be the most formidable comtetitor?  Do I *have*
to have a late?  Do I have to have a turbo to get the job done?  I see
autocross grudgematches on the horizon.  My one advantage is he's kind
of a weenie driver...he can't tell if he missed a shift, or ran out of
gas (he ran out of gas, actually).  Also, he dosen't work on his cars
at all, dosen't know a voltage regulator from a carburetor, so he's
stuck with a completely stock '88 Fiero.

Tim in Bovey

===
At the very least his polar moment of inertia is "better" for autocross.
Serious tires, mega-quick steering, driver's school, maybe even tune for oversteer.

A buddy was real successful in 60s gymkhana (early autocross).  He put Sears bias ply snow tires on the back of his MGA and left the Michelins on the front.  Yikes.