<VV> Re: test of cooling system.

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Sun Aug 14 14:29:05 EDT 2005

Bob:

I certianly agree that if the temperature kept rising the test should
continue until stabilized or potential engine overheating mandated
stopping.  I just have trouble imagining any thermal sink on the Corvair
engine having a 5 hour time constant, even at minimal thermal input
while idling.  And if the fan is inadequate at the thermal load of 70
mph, I expect that one would observe continuous temperature creep well
before 5 hours are up.  If the temperature didn't stabilize within
one-half hour on the highway (correcting for inevitable ambient
changes), I would doubt the suitability of the design, at least for my
purposes.

I would prefer "judgmental" rather than "subjective."   :)

kirby