<VV> Re: Thermisters (Now plug depth)

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 13:01:15 EDT 2005

<snip> I have always wondered if there is  any issue with sparkplug thread
depth when you use an under-the-plug  thermistor. Doc. <unsnip>

I've been reading and hearing about this carbon thing since the beginning  of
time, but, you know I've never actually experienced it.  I wonder if  it's
one of those myths that just develops a life of it's own.

As far as the VDO thermocouple (it's not a thermister) is concerned, it
substitutes for the washer and is about the same thickness so I don't think it's
of any concern relative to plug depth. The hassle with the VDO thermocouple is
 in keeping it from rotating as you install the plug. (have to trap it with a
 skinny screwdriver) and getting the tiny leads up through the shroud (cut
a groove next to the boot or cut a groove in the boot).  They work, but  they
are a hassle.
Craiggie