<VV> CHT guages

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Aug 15 17:04:31 EDT 2005

>Under-the-plug CHT gauges have been used on small aircraft engines
>forever. Like these ones here - $150 for a 6-cylinder kit for 14mm plugs:
>http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/westcombos.php
>I believe the "probes" are actually the plug thermistors.

Pretty sure those are 712-4WK (see http://www.frostalarm.com/cat/p33.html )
themocouples (variable millivolt output) and not thermistors (variable
resistance since I just talked to Westech. Thakes a different gauge
circuit  than the milliamp circuit (essentially a gas gauge) circuit used
on the Corsa CHT (cylinder head temperature) gauge.

Can see that this is not going to be quite as easy as I thought, may take a
small semiconductor circuit but is certainly doable.

Padgett