<VV> Oil filter gasket design

Stan East sgeast at interlog.com
Mon Aug 15 20:36:50 EDT 2005

Keep the Baldwin’s as souvenirs for the Oil Filter Group. We had a Baldwin
split the seal on Kent Sullivan’s white coupe at the Time Trials.
Fortunately we only lost a ½ quart of oil before Ken Hand came in to the
pits. In the same vein Kent installed the last design Canadian AC filter
with the same “U” shaped seal on his concours car; guess what started an oil
leak!

Save the mailing to someone with a cutaway it’s already been tested.

Stan (very lucky) East