RE <VV> Ignition switch redux

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 21:55:35 EDT 2005

Hi Gang:

Didn't receive any replies to my plea for info on what
Chevy ignition switches would cross with the
Corvair's.

No problem. It now looks as if the electrical
mysteries are deeper than that.

I used my meter to measure continuity through the
switch. Everything (Bat to ign OK, bat to solenoid OK)
seems work correctly.

Pulled the connector in the engine compartment apart,
cleaned the contacts with DeOxIt (good stuff). Lights,
horn, etc. work OK.

Reverted to my bad old days and hotwired the car at
the ignition switch plug....bat to ign, bat to sol.
Idiots lighed up with bat to ign hotwire, as they
should. BUT, bat to sol and nothing, nada.

The question is: what do I attack next?

Arjay
64 Monza convert, still baking