<VV> Oil filter gasket design

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 10:02:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/16/2005 1:36:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:
<<I understand that at one time the PF4s were supplied with a paper gasket
for
the outer edge.  If you had a supply of those, you could probably discard
the U gasket and use those.  NOTE - I've NOT tested this theory.>>

JR brings up a good idea... the thick paper gasket used on the 90 degree a/c
& smogger engines *SHOULD* fit the outside... that is as long at the edge of
the filter is level all the way around...
Now why didn't *I* think of that....
;-)
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)