<VV> Oil filter gasket design

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Aug 16 14:43:22 EDT 2005

Any Ideas on this??

Yes, I have one.

DON'T USE THE PUROLATOR FILTER!!!

Of course, I realize that the feature of it being CHEAP is a major factor to Corvair owners. It's availability in crappy discount APS like Retard--where EVERYTHING is either shoddy or cheap, is another attractive factor.

Let's take a look at it this way.

An Oil Filter's job is to strain particulate matter, stray pieces of metal,excess carbon from your engine.

In your Body, your kidneys preform the function of straining out particulate matter, as well as other toxins from your bloodstream.

Since in all engines, more especially our Air Cooled engine, the Oil filter is the Kidney of the Engine.

Is this an area where you want to screw around with inferior designs, where there are proved designs out there that might cost a bit more, but do the job infintely better??

Groups of guys and Clubs can order the new Clark's Filter by the case, cut down on the price/shipping, and divvy them up.
Just one example

Hank