<VV> Motorcycle transplants?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Aug 16 19:14:56 EDT 2005

At 11:02 hours 08/16/2005, Ken Campbell wrote:

>From: "Padgett" <pp2 at 6007.us>
>Subject: <VV> Mo' MPG
>

> > >What can you do for $5,000.00????  What does License, Insurance and
> > >Maintenancve cost you?  PLUS, try to buy something that gets 40mpg all
>the
> > >time with
> > >that money!!!
>
> > A motorcycle.
>
> > Padgett
>***************
>No Kidding .... everyone otta attend a local scca race event and watch ...
>for instance ... a * RADICAL * ( my favorite ) sports racer ( kinda like a
>corvair (g)) ....   these are usually a 1 or 1.1 liter bike engined chassis,
>usually sidewinder for efficiency and modularity ....

I've kicked ideas around about constructing this sort of thing for a
long time...  not real sure how I'd get it titled or
registered.    Also not sure what to do about a differential but I'd
think of something, more than likely.

At one time I had access to a motorcycle "junkyard" that had a large
number of wrecked Jap bikes on hand, everything you could
imagine.   Prices went from dirt cheap for mundane stuff like CB-350
Hondas to outrageous for the 1+ ltr superbikes.   I'd considered a
1100 Suzuki driveline in something low and flat like a Europa...  but
with a more Italian-shaped body.    I'd have to ponder a bit on just
what to cobble up...

tony..