<VV> Grades

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 16:31:47 EDT 2005

Hank, if you think I-17 is rough, you should have driven the old US89-A and
State highways that were there before I-17 was finished.  Not too bad up  the
Verde Valley to Cottonwood, but then going up through Sedona (Beautiful
Country!!) and then up Oak Creek Canyon. When you reach the end of the Canyon,  you
then go up a road known as Birthday Cake Mountain due to the striping of the
switchbacks (over 2000' rise in less than 5 miles.) then fairly level roads
through the Ponderosa pine country to Flagstaff. Wish I could have made it to
the Convention in 2002.