<VV> Clocks: One is Fast, One is Slow

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Tue Aug 16 23:31:35 EDT 2005

Mike,
There is an arm in the time adjuster that bumps the mechanism when you
adjust the time.  It cancels for one revolution (12 hours) when you first
make an
adjustment.  This way if you are changing or resetting the time and moving
the adjusting arm a bunch, it does not keep adjusting the speed and make
it super
inaccurate.  Basically it will adjust the speed once every twelve hours.
  So when you bump the time
forward, it, assuming it was running slow, speeds the movement up a touch,
same going the other direction.
Eventually theoretically they will correct themselves.   The one in my
Corsa is pretty accurate, but still, what more can you expect.

HTH
Geoff Johnson