<VV> Reupholstering seats

Greg Pirker gpirker at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 17 05:59:30 EDT 2005

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have been tinkering with a '65 Monza 110 convertible for some years.  I
had it to a body shop in 2000 for some body work and a new paint job
(Hamlin's in Bridgeville, PA.)  Vaughan Hamlin is a Corvair nut and offered
me a deal I could not refuse.  The bucket seats from my '65 were in sad
shape and he had two almost new seats in the attic of his shop from a '68.
He sold me the two seats for $50 and installed them while the car was at his
shop.  The upholstery design did not match, but there was not foam to be
seen anymore.  Good purchase I thought.

Now I would like to match the upholstery on the front bucket seats with the
rear seat.  The rear seat is still a '65.  My question is, can I buy the
material from Clarks for the front bucket seats for a '65 and expect them to
fit on the frame from the '68 seats I currently have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Greg Pirker
'65 Monza 110 Convertible - White w/ Black Interior