<VV> Reupholstering seats

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Wed Aug 17 10:32:03 EDT 2005

The seats of a 68 are so different, I very much doubt 65 upholstery could be
made to fit (you asked the right question and, I think, in the right place).
I THINK there are pictures in the Clark's catalog from which this will be
evident to someone who has been cued, as you now have, that they are very
different. Many of us prefer the older design of seat. If you can still get
your 65 seats, or replacements for them, I'd suggest you reupholster THEM in
the 65 livery, and your car will be consistent with the rest of itself.
     On the other hand, if you prefer the 68 seats for any reason, you might
consider reupholstering the rear as 68, and gain at least consistency in the
upholstery department.
     I would think there would have been a REASON why those 68 seats you now
have were looking for a home. What do you suppose THEY got replaced with?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C