<VV> For Sale

Corvair66 at aol.com Corvair66 at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 09:56:16 EDT 2005

For sale in New Mexico.........
Firstly, this is not my car. Being President of Corvairs New Mexico (CNM), I
get calls quite often from people not in our club trying to sell their
Corvair. My name, number and email address appear on our website so people do a
"Corvair" search and see my info. If you are interested in finding all the unknow
Corvairs in your area first, get elected President of your club. It really
works.
This belongs to an elderly lady about 30 minutes east of Albuquerque. She is
moving to the Dallas area to be nearer her son since she is on her own now. It
is a 2 owner, 43k original miles, 1965 2 door Monza. Basically untouched,
unmodified 110 hp, 4 speed. Tinted glass, AM radio. Always garaged by present
owner. They had it stripped and nicely repainted at some time. Crocus yellow with
white upholstery and black interior trim. To my eye it is a stunning
combination. No rust, no dents, smooth paint with a few paint chips along the beltline
from garage mishaps - my guess. Tires good but not new, starts fine, runs
smooth, no smoke. Steering tight, brake pedal high and hard. Did not drive it
though. Been sitting but not neglected since the husbands health deteriorated. To
me it looks like a good used Corvair you could find on any Chevy used car lot
in 1970. Time capsule stuff. Some parts with it and a parts car too if
interested.
Call Lea Fish (owner) at 505 281 5537, she is a little hard of hearing so be
prepared. There is a $4k bid on it now. Some pictures at this website - thanks
Geoff
http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/65Vair/
Images are small but I will try to get more perhaps this weekend.
             thanks, just trying to help
             Dave Huntoon, CNM