<VV> Motorcycle transplants?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Aug 18 17:01:41 EDT 2005

At 12:19 hours 08/17/2005, UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/17/2005 11:58:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>deltainc at grm.net writes:
>
> > Also not sure what to do about a differential but I'd
> > >think of something, more than likely.
> > >tony..

>*****
>
>Tony,  the engines are rotated 90 deg.

I'd do it that way.

>  the Counter sprocket mounts a
>U-Joint / C-V Joint

Yep.   Play-pretend that it's a genuine car engine/transmission.   It
would even be in-line like a "real car".    Stick it up-front and
fake an old Morgan body or the like...

>  to a driveshaft and back to a Datsun 510  IRS  from the
>70's...or a newer similar unit...

That's where I'd have needed to go lurking the bone yard since I'd
had no experience with any IRS outside Vairs and Vettes (and some
Fiats), none of which lend themselves well to such a project.

The Datsun trick seems workable.

>1100-1300  cc is the normal on the street...but 600cc 4's  scream!  as
>well....

Me, I'd as soon not wanna be rowing through the gearbox trying to
drive around town.  Give me something with some torque.   A 1100
Suzuki has some bottom end and will still scream with the best of 'em.

Of course, all this is moot...  I have too many projects waiting on
me as it is...  might be able to get something done if it would STOP
raining now and then...  it's rained damned near every day for the
last week anna half, nice all day until it's time to get off work,
then comes the thunderstorms.    Rained again a few minutes ago.

I need a BIG garage...

tony..