<VV> Trans swap

gary l funkhouser vms.inc2 at juno.com
Thu Aug 18 14:51:41 EDT 2005

Reminds me of a  funny story about a trans. swap. One of our Dayton club
members had an early model PG go south and didn't have a floor jack to
pull the sucker out. So he got the car in the air and proceeded to yank
the back seat out, than cut a large hole or rather a flap of metal above
the tranny. Loosened the trans up and proceeded to pull the thing out
through the rear seat area!!!!!. stuck another one in, hooked it all up
bent the flap back, secured it with metal strips, screws, sealant. and
was on his merry way. This is the same fellow that called me up to see if
I had a 65 drivers door which I did. Seems he opened his and had a
passing car knock it off. He said he would be right up. So you can guess
my uncontrollable laughter when he showed up driving the car sans driver
door when I was expecting a pick up truck. Right up through Dayton on I
75 and west I 70 for about 30 miles at 65 mph. He grinned when he said it
was a little windy and he got a few stares??? Thanks to Jerry Fritts for
these good Corvir times.

Gary Funkhouser