<VV> Odometrs not matching - results

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 18 21:58:00 EDT 2005

Earlier I posted a discrepancy between my Main odometer and my trip
odometer in my 1965 Corsa dash installed in my 66 coupe.  My main
odometer was reading about 7% less per mile than my trip Odometer.

I recently borrowed a friend's handheld Garvin GPS and was able to check
things out prperly.  As it turns out my speedometer is dead on (tires
are 215/60R15 or around 25.16" in diameter)  at 60MPH.  The main
odometer reads dead on with single digit rollover at every mile on the
GPS, and the trip odometer is the culprit, reading fast.  The trip odo
"clocks" 1 full mile in 10th's every .93 actual miles.

So my earlier MPG calculations were flawed as the trip odometer
overstated my actual distance traveled based on my gallons of gas
consumed.

I basically lost around 1-1.5 MPG on each tank-full, bringing my average
MPG for the last 9 tank-fulls to 13.1 MPG.  This is a Weber DCOE45
jetted rich to try and run cool.

Rick Loving