<VV> auto parts/countermen and books

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Fri Aug 19 01:00:21 EDT 2005

-----   The
> ubiquitous software interface we face today is vastly  superior to these
> paper-book
> chicken scratchings!
> Craig Nicol
There is one group of vehicles that I still get to "go to the books" for,
heavy GMC trucks.  Brigariers, Generals, etc.  Last made in 88, taken over
by Volvo, who took a REALLY long time to quit calling them Volvo-Whites,
White/GMCs or any thing except Volvos. WE can satill get build sheets from
Volvo, which are sometimes helpful, but with a few questions I can usually
come up with the right part #.  Occasionally the part is even still
available (but usually expensive).
Mike Ioanes
p.s. I still remember how to use a microfiche, but don't have to any more