<VV> Re: electric vairs / Fanz

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 17:52:41 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/21/2005 1:52:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Tareece at aol.com writes:

> Vair-ites,
>   When I started this thread 2 weeks ago or so, I was intending on prying
> some ideas and experiances out of the Corvair Engineering cadre....I was met
> by
> "Why?" and "Pseudo-Science" remarks...
>   If this current (ha...a pun.) poster is correct and has experiance,
> perhaps a Communique article is appropriate here?

**************
Don't you think it needs to PASS the same criteria as the $750  Electric Fan
conversion  Test  by  Bob Helt / Ken Hand / Frank Parker FIRST????
QUOTE:
You must commit the following stipulations.

1)  Install the kit on a previously decent running Corvair engine. [CAR]

2)  Take photos along the way to show how it is done

3)  Write up an article for the Communique on "how to" and the results (see
below)

4) Upon completion of installation, run some strenuous "Engineering Tests"
"good faith" tests (good faith meaning you really intend to perform strenuous

tests and complete the tests), collect data and provide results to VV and the

Communique article. The idea of these engineering tests MUST be to try to
find
the cooling limits of this setup.

Data collection must include ambient temp measurements, documenting car speed

and duration for the interstate test which must be at least 70 mph for 300
miles. Head temperatures during these tests (instrumented would be best.
Stock
temp system is acceptable). Other stress tests as you might see fit.

Any takers?

Regards,
Bob Helt

Personally I think the "gas crunch" is solely GREED.....but then I have a
Company vehicle / card to use at my disposal...

My biggest concern for my next vehicle...is what color interior!  LOL!

Maybe I'm blind......but ATM's have BRAILE   !!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug