<VV> Re: electric Vairs

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Sun Aug 21 19:21:04 EDT 2005

These are vairy good points. And don't for a minute think that I do not
appreciate the limits of electric/hybrids...
  For one, you can kiss electronic accessories goodbye...no heated seats, or
outside mirrors...no non-electric remote mirror, or windows, or door
locks...and probably no ONSTAR systems...
  Yes, we have gas and oil now...but with China and India emerging, we havfe
to start looking at home for oil to limit the prices, or just open our wallets
and smile while doing so...
   As far as Wallymart trips and on-the-fly Recharge Stations, I can see
remote kiosks popping up as a fee based service like the ones at Sams club,
etc...If there is a way to get some revenue, our culture will exploit it...
   I am ALL for the gasoline engine..I hope we can drive our little boxers
into the next century...I like the rumble of a straight pipe Corvair engine..and
the roar of a 350 in my truck...and the torque required to lay some rubber....
   But when the Vair was made it was the land of the .25c gallon of gas...now
its heading to atleast $3 and no real end in sight....

In a message dated 8/21/2005 5:57:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
didn't work quite right that one wouldn't normally
tolerate in a new car.  Trips sounded like adventures and the driver was
constantly looking for outlets where he could plug it while parked.  Home
depot, Wal-Mart and such.  How likely will it be that various places will
let you charge up for free if electric become common?

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert
TnT's Corvair Parts <----webpage for NOS parts