<VV> A lurker speaks

Don Schaefer fry_cook at excite.com
Sun Aug 21 19:37:19 EDT 2005

 1. Went to Portland. Met VVers. Had a good time, bought parts, learned more than I could understand. 2.  I'm one of those guys who bought a Corvair (parts car as it turned out) without having ever driven one. 3. I purchased a 65 Corsa turbo in June. Last licensed in 88, last started about 5-6 yrs ago according to POWith my brother's help, I got it started, but PO said it was leaking gas into the oil, and the turbo was stuckso we tore it apart. I brought the turbo back to my house and was able to get it to turn. Asked VV what to doand was told not to worry about valve seals, put it back together and run it. 4. I picked up parts in Portland, have found a couple days to get it back together, and started it up again Sat. Smoked like my first cigar, ran terribly rough, but again using past VV advice, let it run for about 20 minutesand it got happy.  5. After all this time a guy really should take a spin, right? YAAAAAAAAAAA! I got the disease. Took it around a couple blocks,made
all four forward gears. Emergency brake to stop, linkage search yet to find where reverse went, dropped gas tank (was using gas can). I just want to say thanks to all you people who enjoy taking the time to answer questions and encourage the rest of us.  Don Schaefer65 Corsa