<VV> E85

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 11:04:27 EDT 2005

> >I have a Corvair. I have a gas station nearby that
> has
> >E85. With no changes to the engine,

Hey gang,
I just un-volunteered. Padgett recommended I look at
http://www.iowacorn.org/ethanol/ethanol_5a.html  where
I learned the E85 systems use stainless tanks,
teflon-lined fuel lines and other alcohol-tolerant
components.  More worrysome is this paragraph lifted
from the site:

Is E85 more toxic or dangerous than gasoline?
No. 100% ethanol can be and is ingested by human
beings. The fuel ethanol must be "denatured" with
gasoline or a bitter agent to prevent ingestion. Also,
ethanol does not contain the harmful carcinogens .

So drinking ethanol will give you indigestion unless
you mix it with gas. Was this translated from
Japanese?????? I'll also un-volunteer from any notions
of a taste test!!!

Chuck K