<VV> old car postage stamps-NO CORVAIR

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 14:12:55 EDT 2005

 The US postal service has a new set of commemorative stamps depicting
"sporty" cars of the '50s.  They were illustrated by Art Fitzpatrick, who, I think,
was one of the men responsible for those iconic Pontiac ads from the '60s.  I
picked up several at the post office this morning and can say they're
beautiful.  My favorite is the 1953 Studebaker Starliner.  Chevrolet content:  there's
one of the '53 Corvette.  Corvair content:  maybe if there's enough interest
in these the USPS will follow up with a series on "sporty" cars of the '60s
and include one of a Monza Spyder!

Bill Stanley