<VV> corvair and ethanol - no one?

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 09:28:22 EDT 2005

When I first started driving in the seventy's, gasahaol was sold for a short while. I used it in my 65 500 coupe with a 110. It was during the summer and it seemed to work just fine.At the time the price was about the same as 92 octane gas. I can't remember how much was in it but it smelled like boose instaed of gas.I didn't check the mileage but I didn't notice anything differant in performance or driveabillity.
       I have read where you need more of it to do the same work as gas and when it's cold it's hard to start the engine. bigger jets should fix the mixture problem and some gas to start the thing when cold should fix that problem.
                    Paul Fox