<VV> Running Heater to add cooling

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 22 16:18:22 EDT 2005

Well,

The '66 owners guide - page 9 (first one I picked up - I'm sure they all say
something similar) says - under EMERGENCY OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS...

To be followed if either TEMP-PRESS or GEN-FAN indicators light while the
car is being driven.

1.  Set heater FAN and HEAT controls to full "ON" positions.

There are several more steps - you can look it up yourself.

But, if you have a heat problem so marginal that you are normally needing to
run the heater, you need to find the cause and fix it.  Normal operation
would not require the heat to be on full time.  In fact, if you are running
the heater immediately after start up, you could actually be
delaying/lengthening normal warm up time.  If so, you are likely not doing
the engine any good from a wear standpoint.

Unless something is blocking the damper doors, the normal "fail" position
for the thermostats is ... door wide open.

Later, JR