<VV> Heater Assisted Cooling

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Mon Aug 22 22:28:59 EDT 2005

> From: "Doug Foust" <doufou at msn.com>
> Subject: <VV> Running Heater to add cooling
....>
> I have been running my EM vert with the Air and Heat wide open
> lately
 Smitty says;  Methinks you do not understand the air routing of a
Corvair heater.  Any time you have "Air" selected you are drawing air
from off the top of the engine before it passes through the engine.  In
other words it can not be utilized to cool the engine.  Then too when you
have "Heat" selected you are merely drawing hot air from the front of the
manifolds rather than allowing it to exit at the back of the manifolds as
it normally would.  So no profit there either.  Save yourself the heat
stress and leave the heater system  closed up in hot weather.