<VV> New Car Stamps are out - no Corvair

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Mon Aug 22 20:38:21 EDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 4:17 PM, grant young wrote:

> For those into such things, the new 50's Sporty Car stamps are now on
> sale
> at your local PO. Nice drawings of a '53 Stude, '54 Darrin, '53 Vette,
> '52
> Nash Healey, '55 T-Bird. Methinks CORSA should start the political
> process
> to get some Corvair stamps.....
> The Carbmeister

The beautiful drawings were done by none other than Art Fitzpatrick,
the "AF" of the famed duo of "AF & VK" who used to do the incredible
car renderings for many car companies, particularly Pontiac. I had the
honor and pleasure of meeting Art at the Pontiac national convention
held here recently. He did the drawings with Photoshop and Illustrator,
quite a feat for a man his age. Also see:

http://www.fitz-art.com/

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina