<VV> Vairs and ACTUAL fuel used

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Aug 23 10:37:56 EDT 2005

Bill
Right now, the EUM is a 3 times a week commuter, once the temp falls back into the low 80's, 5 days a week.
For my commute, 880 miles a month, not counting any side trips.

I have been experimenting---a little anyway, with my 95 hp engine, what kind of mileage I'm getting with different mixes of fuel.

So Far, seems as if whether the tank is full of  87 octane, or mid-grade, or 11O LL AV Gas/93 Super premium 50:50, I get about the same mileage. Of course, when running the
50/50 mix, sure seems peppier runnning about 101 octane!

Getting a bit pricey. 6 gallons Super prem at 2.75/gal
                      6 gallons 110LL      at 3.90/gal

is right at 40.00 for a tank full, where regular is about
30.60 for a tank full.

Anyone remember the Gulf Gas commercials in the 60's when the guy pulls up to the pump with a Corvair and asks for 59 cents worth???  It's beginning to disturb me .

Hank