<VV> Getting ready to join Lonzo in "Group White"

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 17:04:30 EDT 2005

I figure since the cars join "Group Red" when they go up on jackstands, it
must be "Group White" for people when we get casts on our feet or legs.

Anyway, I about to go "Group White" for the next three months or so.  I have
developed Hallux Rigidus (severe degenerative arthritis in the 1st MTP
joints at the base of the big toe) - both feet.  After enduring the pain for
so long, the only option the bone docs gave me was to fuse the joint
(arthrodesis), so into the big house I go on Thursday for the operation.  I
will be on crutches for a couple of weeks and then in a cast for about three
months.  We are doing the more severe left foot this time.  Probably will
need to do the right foot next year.

For those interested, information about the condition and procedure can be
found here:
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=352&topcategory=Foot
http://www.bofss.org.uk/html/hallux_rigidus.shtml
http://footandankle.mdmercy.com/conditions/bigtoe/hallux_rigidus.html

Corvair Content: I am still hoping to be able to attend the mini-convention
in Pennsylvania (Corvair Days), but due to uncertainty about my travelling
condition will have to wait until nearly the start of the show to make a
firm decision.

Bill Hubbell

(yes, even doctors are patients sometimes)