<VV> LM vent window pin

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Tue Aug 23 22:38:13 EDT 2005

It may not be the most pressing repair that Christine needs, but I've decided to replace the vent window levers, washers and pins.  After all, it's "de rigueur" (as the Canadiens say) to have the vent windows open when driving with the top down, so I play with these things a lot and I'd like them to be nice.  What is the group-recommended procedure for removing the pins that hold the vent window levers?  Right now I've got them soaking in penetrating oil, but how do I pry those little suckers out?

Also, what is the recommended procedure for putting the new ones in?  A small pin punch and a hammer is probably correct, but should I lube them with WD-40 first, or leave them dry, or...?

Tnx 1.0E6,

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm