<VV> Re: Beaverun/ Tape Measure

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Wed Aug 24 10:55:57 EDT 2005

For anyone interested I resized the photos that the photographer at the track took (and shamelessly
stole Scott's pix of my car) and added them to my Stinger "file" at

http://fnader.com/images/YenkoStinger/

Now I just need to find the time to do a professional looking website like Scott's!! (Or maybe my goal
should be an amateurish looking website... anything would be better than what I have!)

Bill

-Original Message Text---
From: Bill Elliott
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:48:58 -0400

Thanks much to all who assisted with my parking lot alignment of my car the evening before the event. I
ended up solving my mysterious rough running issues by swapping IN an Ignitor in place of the "simple"
points I was using to make troubleshooting easier! But in the end, I couldn't solve a tire rubbing the
fender (after I got fast enough to set the suspension) and had to retire early. Still quite a blast... and yet
another testament to the camaraderie of the Corvair community.

This was my first time on the track on slicks with a "real" engine... and it was an experience unlike
anything else I've had on the track. But since I only do the occaisional event and no auotcrossing, I've
realized I will never have an adequately prepared track-only car (unlike a hot street car which I
continually adjust and modify), so I think the best solution is to sell the track car and work on a street car
that I can use for a couple track events each year...so if you've ever wanted to go racing with a complete
car (that only needs some tweaking) this will be one of the easiest ways to get into a car with a race
history and a long SCCA logbook. I'd sell the car complete, with or without the enclosed trailer, or as a
complete roller. Would also consider trades (up or down) for a hot street car. Contact me offline for
details.

Anyway, the real reason for the post is with all of the help I had in the parking lot, tools and parts kept
appearing from different places. Everything made its way back home except for a tape measure who all
of the "usual suspects" tell me is not theirs. So if I owe you a tape measure, please contract me and I'll
forward it back to you.

Thanks again!

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD