<VV>Wheelz

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Aug 24 14:40:33 EDT 2005

>You would likely want something wider than the 5" FC rim for a tire as
>wide as a 205mm. You should be able to find plenty of 6" rims out there
>from other `60s-`70s-`80s GM mid size cars.

I believe what you want are almost any of the 5 bolt on a 4.75" bolt center
RWD wheels. Pontiac had quite a few in 14x6, 14x7, 15x7, and 15x8 both
styled steel and aluminum. Other divisions did also but were not quite as
diverse.  Offset will vary depending on the width but all I know offhand
are FWD wheels. RWD I never found a factory wheel that did not fit.

Have quite a stock in the back garage so will be trying various things,
right now am leaning toward 14x6 with 205x70x14 on the front (to keep the
speedo close) and 15x7 with 215x65x15 or 225x70x15 on the rear (have some
225x70x15s on 15x8s so will probably just try those on the rear first).

Padgett