<VV> Em rear suspension

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 17:04:19 EDT 2005

Sounds like a good way to fix your Spyder.  A couple of thoughts:  (You
probably already know this but...) 61-2 had different wheel bearings, and
different brake parts compared to 63-4, you might want to narrow your focus to  63-4
so your axles and brakes fit. And two, be sure to get parts from a 4-speed
car. The 4-speed style suspension subframe/crossmember provides extra  clearance
for the longer 4-speed.  If you get a 3-speed or AT  suspension set, you will
have to modify the subframe/crossmember to fit a  4-speed in.  Three: While
you are at it, why don't you see if you can find  a 64 rear suspension and
upgrade to the transverse leaf? - They are supposed to  ride and handle better.
Craig Nicol

<snip>I am looking for a '63 rear suspension for  my Spyder.  I need the
whole thing.
Anybody out there got one?  I  am headed to the PA mini-convention and could
pick it
up there.
I am in  the rust belt, and the PO left in in tall grass.  No laughing,  Toby.
Please contact me with details offline.
Thanks, Craig Eagleson  <unsnip>