<VV> power glide dash selector removal

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 21:48:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 08/24/2005 4:05:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MONZA63MO at peoplepc.com writes:

I got  the selector disconnected.  Thanks for the tips.  Now what's the
secret for getting the panel out?  I obviously have something still
connected up in back of the panel but I can't for the life of me find it.
The panel is pretty loose but not yet free.  Here's what all I  removed so
far:  sheet metal screws from the face, headlight and  wiper knobs, speedo
cable, heater controls, shifter selector, gas gage  connections, lights.
There is no clock in this dash panel but it fees like  the center of the
panel is connected to something.  Any ideas?   What am I not seeing?

Did you disconnect the multi wire connector under the instrument  panel? It
is located toward the right side of the panel. All of the instrument  panel
wiring goes through this connector. There is no need to disconnect the  fuel
gauge or lamps. They come out attached to the dash.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 Coupe.
Corvair Atlanta