<VV> Does the price of Gasoline affect your Corvair Plans?

Les corvair at mts.net
Thu Aug 25 20:12:51 EDT 2005

What is everyone's thoughts about attending future events if Fuel Prices
remain high?
*** What do you mean IF? It's never coming down significantly. And the US has pretty cheap gas already.

Will you limit your distance?
*** No, I will only attend those close by (within about 8000km) the same as today.

Is it time for "Regional / Mini" Conventions?
*** They sound like fun, but they're not going to be any closer than the national.

Is it time to change the "Style"/ Level "of accommodations?  I.E.: Motels /
Campgrounds...Vs 3-5 Star Hotels with Convention Centers.
*** Well, if I can stay in a nice place like the Red Lion for $100, hotel cost would need to be down to about $60 to make a "less nice" place worthwhile. Convention hotel is only a few nights out of a 2-week trip. I paid close to $100 for some quite inferior accomodations along the way.

Should regional meets be longer than a weekend to justify the cost to attend?
*** I'd probably still just attend the national as if I need to take two weeks off anyways I might as well attend the big one.

Will you be more inclined to drive your Corvair instead of trailering,
possibly limiting distance?
*** Trailer? What's that? Other than something you pull BEHIND your car....

What events at Meets will help to "motivate" you to attend?
*** Same stuff that's at the National! Especially a track day that I could drive my 'vert at.

Les