<VV> Corvair Days Miniconvention

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Thu Aug 25 20:16:43 EDT 2005

Ok, folks, it's getting down to the wire for pre-registration for the
September 9 - 11 Corvair Days Miniconvention in Mechanicsburg, PA!  We've
got plenty of space left for anyone who wants to come, including room at
the banquet.  Just as long as you get your registration in the mail by the
cutoff date, we'll accept it at the pre-registration prices.  (They're a
bit higher if you register on-site!)

This is a CORSA sanctioned event, so here's your chance if you missed the
Portland National Convention.

The concours and car display are starting to fill up but of course we will
always have room for more.

Vendors?  You want vendors?  We have both Clarks and Lon Wall coming.  And
of course we have both indoor and outdoor vendor space.

Do you want a driving challenge?  Well, we have a regular rally, an
econorun, and for those of you who need a special challenge, a combined
rally & econorun!

The one thing we couldn't fit in is a full-fledged autocross since we
couldn't find a suitable lot.  We're sorry about that, but we do have a
Funkana as a partial substitute.

The hotel has plenty of space.  While we sold out the first block of rooms,
we asked the hotel for a second block and they've agreed.  And I'm sure we
can get them to open more to us if it comes to that.

The weather should be moderating as we head into early fall.  There's
plenty to do in the south-central Pennsylvania area including the excellent
AACA museum next door in Hershey (as well as the Hershey chocolate factory
and amusement park), the Gettysburg battlefields, and of course there's the
Corvair Ranch, the premier source of well used Corvair parts.

So how about it?  Most of the tourists will have headed home by then.  The
post-Labor Day gas prices should be coming back down.  ;-)  Will we see you
at the Corvair Days Miniconvention?

For a registration form, just go
to:  http://www.centralpacorvairclub.org/miniconvention2005.html   You'll
find both PDF and Microsoft Word document formats of the registration form
there.  (There's also a schedule of events in both PDF and Excel format
documents.)

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair