<VV>LM Wheelz

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Aug 26 08:26:01 EDT 2005

>I've done a search and know the tire sizes and whatnot, but if I go
>to the junkyard, what would be the latest model car that would have
>14" steel rims that could go on a late model?  I'd like to not look
>like I have two heads when I ask for a 14" steel rim, 5 bolt 4 3/4
>circle.

The issue is not the 5 x4.75 (aka 120.65) but the 14". I suspect the latest
would have sometime been in the mid-80s for example the 1987 Pontiac Grand
Prix still was available with 14s.

AFAIK GM only used three bolt circles on domestic RWD cars, 5x5 for big
cars (B body), 4x4 on sub-compacts, and 5x4.75 for everything else.

Padgett