<VV> Condenser - 65 110/pg

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Fri Aug 26 10:21:33 EDT 2005

My 110 has started acting funny again.  Starts and revs fine, but has no
guts until it gets to 10mph.  Its like it the VA is stuck.  Its a year old
one.  Like it is starved for fuel.

Last time around I replaced the fuel filter and the rubber lines and it ran
fine for about 3 weeks (maybe 100 miles).  Tried another new filter and its
better, but not right.  A drain and clean of the fuel system is
upcomming.  If that does not do it, I have a spare fuel pump.

Before I did that I decided to try non-fuel related suggestions from last
time around.

Somebody suggested the condenser (under the dist cap).

Had a set of rotor points and condenser from clarks.  The condenser is
different.  About 1/8 inch or so longer same diameter.  Orange wire instead
of black and the wire is longer.  Its about the length of the condenser on
the coil.

I put it in anyway, and the car would not start (making no other changes).
Put the orig back in and it started fine.  Should I have to make changes
once I put the new condenser in, or is it one for the coil instead.

Also it was suggested the coil could be suspect.  It is old enough to have
exterior rust.  Will check stock and order 2. One for this car, and one for
the wifes since they suffer from the mee tooo syndrome.