<VV> Condenser - 65 110/pg

WadeHalsey HiHal at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 26 10:58:22 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

Based on your previous experience with the fuel system, my first guess
would be in that area. Since you have the second Corvair (assuming it is
running OK), try switching the carbs from your wifes car to yours
temporarily and see if that cures it. If not, switch her fuel pump to
your car. If is not that, gently blow air backward througn the fuel
lines with the gas cap off to establish that there is no obstruction in
the lines, sender, or fuel strainer sock. If none of that improves
things you can conclude that it is not fuel related.

Moving to ignition, try her coil. If no improvement, check the point
gap. The gap can decrease rapidly if there is no lube on the rubbing
block and cam. I wouldn't worry about using the old condensor. I can't
remember an old condensor being a problem. Might be easiest for
diagnostic purposes to just move her whole distributer over temporarily.
At some point, your car will magically regain its "guts" and you will
know what you need to replace.

An afterthought though, a compression check before you do anything else
might send you off in a different direction. And it might be something
simple like the throttle linkage being detached on one carb or a choke
stuck on one side. Good luck!

Wade Halsey