<VV> Convention Convoys

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Aug 26 11:05:28 EDT 2005

And the rest of the way...

> Some time ago I suggested a convoy for distant events. For example the
> route from Orlando to next year's event looks like I-4 to I-95 to I-26 to
> I-77

You'll Pick up 77 Near Columbia, SC. Crossing I-85 in Charlotte,
Crossing I-40 In Statesville, NC. Continuing up into the mountains past Bob'Coffin's place in Dobson NC and into Virginia==Up Fancy Gap Mountain--Try to do it in the daylight--the view is spectacular, and the fog is easier to negotiate--and on into West-By-God (WVA), turning off 77 onto US 19 in Beckley (4 lane divided hwy, recently resurfaced) for a couple hours, traversing some of WVA's best scenery, you'll hit I 79, which will carry you into PA, Through Pittsburgh, and north to Erie, PA where you hit I-90 East, turning rapidly into the NYS Thruway. From there it's a lesiurely hour and a half into downtown Buffalo.

>From Charlotte, the trip to Buffalo averages 11-12.5 hours. Charlotte to Daytona takes about 8.5-9 hours. Considering driving a Vair that you may not want to run at 70MPH continuously, I would count on 24 hours drive time, which is Typical from Buffalo to Central Fla.

Hank

 passing close to quite a few populated areas. Looks like about 1250