<VV> Ignition timing question.

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 00:20:15 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/29/2005 8:26:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
deltainc at grm.net writes:

> my buddies at MSD ( and I am sure others ) market a gadget
> to retard the spark while cranking .. then put in full advance after
> starting .....
>
> reargards, ken campbell, deltawerkes

That, I'm sure is for Engines running on Nitromethane or Alcohol.......

I recurve distributors for ultra high compression street engines / mild
camshaft, with a set of springs like Chrysler used in the 60-70's

1   typical looking, but extremely weak ....extends at 300rpm to allow  the
"BASE'  timing [ idle]

1   Stiffer for controlling advance until the desired high rpm  is
met.........BUT  it has a LONG  "loop"  at one end..leaving SLACK until the weaker
spring  reaches the BASE  timing.

This allows the engine to crank / lightoff easily......every time...hot or
cold...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug