<VV> RE:Speedometer, was gas mileage

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 30 17:26:40 EDT 2005

Lon mentions that he has no speedometer because there is no where to plug it
in on a late drive train.

My bicylcle has a speedometer on it that weighs virtually nothing. It
consists of a magnet that rotates with the wheel and a pick up that sends
the signal to the tiny computer that converts it into a number. It can be
recalibrated, in a matter of seconds, for whatever size wheel you have. Have
any of you adapted a similar type speedometer for use on your Corvair? Why
don't they use something like this on NASCAR race cars instead of whining
about pit lane speed limits?

Marc Sheridan

my 1961 Greenbrier, which has a 69 110/pg