<VV> Corvair EPA Gas Mileage Ratings

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 16:58:09 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/30/2005 4:31:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

> In the REAL WORLD, probably around 18ish.  My guess.  I assume trucks are
> included?
>
> Attachments (if any) are scanned with anti-virus software.
>
> Later, JR

Hey JR,
About 3 years ago I participated in our local clubs (yes, both KY Corvair
clubs co-host an econorun)... my 1961 Greenbrier, which has a 69 110/pg
powertrain (yes, the whole contraption was out of a 69, so I have no speedometer in
that van)... loaded with me and Cheryl and both nearly-teen-at the
time-daughters, and 2 coolers full of food and drinks, tool box and lots of other useless
weight ended up with a 27 MPG average... and there were times that I was going
70 mph (according to Dave Campisano of the Derby City club who was behind me in
his Nissan Sentra)... I was NOT driving for mileage that day, since I'd
already resigned myself to the second place FC trophy-the other FC was a 4 spd
'brier... he ended up with around 21 MPG...
My 64 sedan, 95/pg w/3.27 diff gets in the neighborhood of 26, but I tend to
drive all out in that little car... it will keep up with and occassionally
pass the highway traffic... it's a good running little car.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg