<VV> EPA Mileage

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 23:15:35 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/30/2005 6:57:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

> Car runs well; noticed no drop off in performance from 53 down to 49 jets.
> The Safeguard is not screaming at me (have a remote knock display), and the
> O2
> sensors say I can lean a little further (I may); heads are modified for an
> .032
> quench area. Floats have been set down from spec; using ball-type "Needle &
> Seat" and a fuel pressure regular set @ 3-lbs. Nothing dripping from the
> cluster at idle. Other info: The distributor springs and weights are correct
> for a
> 110 with A/C. I've checked the advance curve....looks good: 16 initial + 19
> mechanical + 14 VA = 49.
**********
Even thought it 's a different problem.....

Daniel Monasterio reports on his distributor:  "Changed one spring (0.031" to
0.047" wire d.) and made a street drive test. It felt with stronger pushing
over 2,000 rpm (1st to 3rd)"

You've got what appears to be way too much total advance.........not even
counting the VA!   IMO      You're not pinging..but I'd slow the distributor
advance down!

Jim Burkhardt  has reported before;    too much advance will kill
power...effficiency!   Franks son.....He's an Automotice engineer.....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug