<VV> Weird clattering

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 00:42:14 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/30/05 6:21:15 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
dmonasterio at megared.net.mx writes:

> On the test with a shorted plug, do you mean driving it on 5 cylinders ?

Hi Daniel,
Well, yes. I thought that maybe it might be a single cylinder causing the
knock. But if it is, as you just said, all cylinders, the only thing I can think
of is the overall timing, or octane rating. How about trying an octane booster
for a trial. Otherwise I'd look at the harmonic damper that may have slipped.
Regards,
Bob Helt